Max number of Service providers and bookings.

Hi Everyone!

I’d like the know what the max number of service providers and bookings on A+ in the real world.

I’m looking at about 30 service providers and about 3000 booking a month.

Anyone out there already north of this?

Thanks.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Trent!

I’ve seen a site with over 100 service providers, and a pretty high volume of appointments, + gCal integration and a whole slew of special options, and Appts+ was keeping up just fine.

A site that active is going to be hammering a bit on your database, and it’s going to need some hefty resources, so I would definitely make sure your hosting account is meaty enough to meet the increased load. (I wouldn’t try this on a shared server, but dedicated or VPS should be fine.)

Hope this helps, Trent!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey Trent and DoctorMason!

Trent – Fantastic, glad I could help!

DoctorMason – it was a fellow member here, and it was a very particular case, I’m not sure which thread it was in (I answer a lot of threads) and I wouldn’t feel comfortable sharing it without permission.

On my own site, which is a sandbox I break on purpose frequently, I’ve got 20 service providers, and I’ve made appointments in fairly large chunks – not quite the size Trent is looking at, though. And I have no traffic except me, but Appointments always works. Sometimes you need to get a little creative with it, to make it do exactly what you need, but it always works. :slight_smile:

Appts+ is one of my favorite plugins, I’m pretty good at getting it to do cool stuff. If you need any advice, don’t hesitate to ask on the forums.

Have a great week, everyone!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.