Maximum file size for a subsite is not the same as the one set in network admin

Hi,

I'm working on a client site inside my multisite installation.
I've just seen that the maximum file size is 2MB.
I don't understand this 2MB because inside network settings I initilally set 1MB then chanded this morning the value to 5MB.

Why this 2MB? And how can I change it to be the same thant the value I set inside network settings?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Arom77,

I hope you're well today!

The upload file size (I guess this is what you're referring to) in WordPress Multisite is setup on "per-network" basis, so unless you're using any plugins that could change it on "per-site" basis, this shouldn't occur.

That said, where do you check this settings to find out that the value differs for you main site and client's sub-site? Also, are you by any chance using our Pro Sites plugin or any other similar tool?

Please advise! A screenshot would be also great if you don't mind :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Aarom,

Thank you for clarifying on this!

Please check if you have "Upload quotas" module enabled. If not, you might have had it enabled before. That said, pleas take a look at this page of your Network Admin

"Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "Modules" (scroll down to the bottom).

If the "Upload quotas" modules isn't enabled, please enable it.

Next step would be to go to this page of your "Network admin":

"Pro Sites" -> "Settings" -> "Upload Quotas".

On this page you should be able to check and adjust if needed upload limits for all Pro Sites levels separately.

If this doesn't help, please check if there's this line inside your wp-config.php file:

define('PSTS_QUOTA_ALLOW_OVERRIDE', true);

If it's not there, please add it somewhere above the "That's all...." line and you should be able to tweak uploads limits on "per-site" basis by going to your Network Admin

"Sites" -> "All sites" -> [select a site and click "Edit"] -> "Settings" page.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.