Maximum subscription lenght on pay per view

Hiya. I have been reading the community board regarding the subscription option on the pay per view plugin, and it seems the maximum subscription length on this plugin is 90 days (subscriptions longer than this run into problems on paypal apparently–though it’s not exactly clear to me what these problems are). Can you clarify this issue? I would like to set up a year-long subscription option on my site, and was planning to just put ‘365’ in the days field of the subscription section in my specs, but if this isn’t going to work I need to know. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Aaron

• Aaron
    • New Recruit

Thanks for responding Vinod. I’d actually read this thread, but there’s still something I don’t understand. Is it that the subscription does not auto renew when it is set beyond 90 days, or does it simply expire after 90 days?

• Aaron
    • New Recruit

Oh, and the member (mynorthmedia) indicated that they were able to modify the code to have the pay per view plugin accommodate year-long subscriptions. Unfortunately, mynorthmedia is now inactive, but can you (or another staffer) suggest a way I might modify the code to accomplish the same thing (make year-long subscriptions possible)?

Cheers,

Aaron

• Aaron
    • New Recruit

Thanks Vinod. I now have a clue as to how I might be able to modify the pay per view code (on my child theme) to make year long subscriptions possible: just change all of the ‘days’ values in the code to read ‘years’, then set the ‘years’ field to 1. This excerpt contains all 3 mentions of ‘days’ in the pay per view code:

<?php _e('Recurring subscription','ppw')?>
    </th>
    <td colspan="2">
    <input type="checkbox" id="subscription" name="subscription" value="true" <?php if ($this->options["subscription"]) echo "checked='checked'"?> />
    <span class="description"><?php _e('Visitor subscribes to view all the content on the website. Visitor is required to register to the website.','ppw')?></span>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <?php
    if (!$this->options["subscription"]) $style='style="display:none"';
    else $style = '';
    ?>

<tr valign="top" class="subscription_detail" <?php echo $style?>>
    <th scope="row" ><?php printf(__('Subscription price (%s)', 'ppw'),$this->options["currency"])?></th>
    <td colspan="2">
    <input type="text" style="width:50px" id="subscription_price" name="subscription_price" value="<?php echo $this->options["subscription_price"] ?>" />
    </td>
    </tr>

<th scope="row" ><?php _e('Subscription period (<strong>days</strong>)', 'ppw')?></th>
    <td colspan="2">
    <input type="text" style="width:50px" id="subscription_<strong>days</strong>" name="subscription_<strong>days</strong>" value="<?php echo $this->options["subscription_days"] ?>" />
    <span class="description"><?php _e('Price is valid for this period and it will be renewed after it expires.', 'ppw') ?></span>
    </td>
    </tr>

<th scope="row" ><?php _e('Subscription description', 'ppw')?></th>
    <td colspan="2">
    <input type="text" style="width:400px" name="subscription_description" value="<?php echo stripslashes($this->options["subscription_description"]) ?>" />
    <span class="description"><?php _e('This text will be shown on the button. PRICE and DAY (case sensitive) will be replaced by their real values.', 'ppw') ?></span>
    </td>
    </tr>

</table>
    </div>
    </div>

Is it this simple, or am I missing something??

Cheers,

Aaron

• Aaron
    • New Recruit

Thanks Arnold. That worked perfectly! Just to let you (and others) know, though, the changes didn’t work when I tried to apply them in my child theme. They only worked when I applied them directly to the Pay Per View code attached to my Twenty Eleven Theme (WordPress). Is this normal? I imagine that, because of this, I’ll have to reinstitute the changes every time there is a Pay Per View update??

Cheers,

Aaron

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.