May user add new products

Hi guys,
thanks again for all previous answers on my questions.
Now I have one more:
The idea with my e-commerce part of my service is get users possibility to sell their own products. It is not ebay, not at all. My service is only for specific group of people.
It is not good way for me to receive new products by e-mail from members. It will be perfect if members could go to the specific page with the form, fill it out and send it for moderation. If I accept then this new product appear in the shop.

Is it possible? :slight_smile:

I use wpmu + buddypress + bbpress. User goes trough registration and get role as a member.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Steve

• Philip John

Hiya Steve,

You could do this a number of ways;

1) Allow your members to create a new site, which will have MarketPress activated so they can create their own shop.

2) Use a plugin like Members to allow current members to ability to post new products (you would have to manually track who earns what though)

3) Use a plugin like Posthaste to allow members to submit products that you can then approve. Again, you would have to manually apportion revenue.

Phil

• steveia

Hi Phil,

thanks for reply! Usually my users doesn't has so much product, so it is not any idea to let them create own shop.

The problem is that I do not know how to get the form for shop on the page there users may create new product.
    I do not want to give people access to dashboard. I want to have simple page with several form options. User go in there, fill this form out, upload image and click on the send button. I approve and it is done.

In case of "Posthaste", I installed this plugin. I got simple form. But, users create post that is a regular post for WP. These post doesn't go to Shop directory or category

I am lost. :slight_frown:
    Regards,
    Steve

• Philip John

I do not want to give people access to dashboard. I want to have simple page with several form options.

Ah I see. You are going to require some custom coding in order to do this I'm afraid. Taking it out of the dashboard isn't easy!

In case of "Posthaste", I installed this plugin. I got simple form. But, users create post that is a regular post for WP. These post doesn't go to Shop directory or category

My apologies, I forgot to say that this would require customisation in order to hook into products rather than normal posts.

However, that option is the closest you are going to get to allowing users to upload products from the frontend.

You might want to enlist a developer to help you achieve this and you can start your search on the job boards.

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.