Maybe a stupidly obvious question?

The 2 options when a user signs up:

'Gimmie a blog..'
'Just an account...'

Is there a way NOT to show these and have the default as either? For example, on one site I may be running a blog network, in that case, they will want blogs (sites) and NEVER just accounts.

The other side is BuddyPress, where users just want accounts and not sites - of course this could be run in a non-network set up but I'd like the option.

Also, how do you re-name the text on these without core hacks? Sure, the word 'gimmie' is cool, but not really for every type of site.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Is there a way NOT to show these and have the default as either? For example, on one site I may be running a blog network, in that case, they will want blogs (sites) and NEVER just accounts.

What if someone wants to create an account to comment on your main (or another blog owners) blog?

I can't find the text in WP3 at the moment, but I'll keep looking. It should be relatively easy to change without a core code hack.

• Michael Kimb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

What if someone wants to create an account to comment on your main (or another blog owners) blog?

That would never happen in these situations :slight_smile:

Plus, I'd love to be able just to re-name them to something more useful. Rather than 'Gimme a site!' something like 'Set me up with a full site please!' would be a little nicer :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.