MCC was not showing pictures, until...

Hello!

First of all, thank you for all over great plugins!

When I first installed MCC V. 1.4.1 only some of my featured photos went greatly over to my desired main-site. I used the MCC under the article to copy my stuff, and I picked those options in relevance for me.

So, when I uninstalled 1.4.1 - and installed 1.2.7 everything went great. But I wonder what is wrong?

I have WP v. 4.2.2, I have entered "define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );" to wp-config.php.

Before I rolled back the MCC version I disabled every plugin, but nothing helped.

Like everybody else, I don't have a lot of time :slight_smile: I have to open my site tomorrow (friday 19) - but I am relaxed because I know there must be a solution for this matter.

Until then, is it ok to run MCC 1.2.7 - or is it likely something will crash?

Have a great day and thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Thomas | SportsNorge.no

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Thomas,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Since you mentioned that only "some" of the images don't get transferred did you see anything specific to those posts that don't transfer images?

Since you are about to release your site live is there a staging site where we can test this and investigate further?

Or if you could provide me with any more info you could think of that would help me to replicate this on my end?

Also, you mentioned that you reverted to 1.2.7, is there a specific reason you switched to this version and not some of between 1.2.7 and 1.4.1?

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Thomas
    • New Recruit

First of all, thank you for the fastest response ever!

No I did not see any specific about the different posts.

I used 1.2.7 just because I found that in this thread (and I was curious about an earlier version): https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/problem-with-multisite-content-copier

I be more than happy to send you some login to my site - what do you need from me Predrag, and where shouid I send it? :slight_smile:

Thank you so much again, you are the best!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for sharing the link, the version attached there is a pretty old version and there are number of updates since that and the latest version.

Could you please go to plugin page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multisite-content-copier/ and click on Changelog link.
    You will see popup window with all the version and download links, so can you try installing one of the newer version and see if those are working for you, this way we will know if the issue is only related to 1.4.1 and will help us finding the solution faster.

There is no need to send your WP login details all you need to do is install WPMU DEV Dashboard, which you already did and then just follow these instructions to grant support access:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Thomas
    • New Recruit

Ok...pheww...now I have finished testing from MCC version 1.4.1 and back to 1.2.6 :slight_smile:

It is only working with version 1.2.7

The version 1.2.6 works but comes with no categories (I can see that it is a fix for that in 1.2.7 - which is the only version working her for me).

I have installed the 1.2.7 again and leave this for now.

I have granted you access :slight_smile:

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Thomas

• Thomas
    • New Recruit

Are there anything else I can do regarding this matter? If not, I leave it up to you for further investigations until I hear anything ! If it can't be resolved, is it a problem open my site tomorrow with this old version?

Have a nice day, and thank's again :slight_smile:

Thomas

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Thomas,

I hope you're well today!

I've checked your site and it seems that the plugin version currently installed doesn't cause any problems. I also noticed that you've (at least I think so) managed to copy posts along with images.

I cannot however check how the newer plugin performs on your site without doing upgrade and since you're going live soon, this might not be an option. I haven't been able to replicate this on my end so far as well.

That being said, is there any chance that you could put a copy ("replica") of your setup somwhere so I could conduct some further investigation on it?

Cheers,
    Adam

• Thomas
    • New Recruit

Hello Adam and thank you very much!

Here is what I think I do for now, since everything is going well with the version 1.2.7 - and I am ready for launching the site later today, I will keep it as it is, and in a few weeks I ask for help with this matter (I will then close down the site for "maintaince" - or sometging :slight_smile: )

So, I come back to the worlds greates support-crew in a few weeks time :slight_smile:

Thanks Adam and Predrag!

Thomas :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Thomas,

I was doing some further testings on my site with various image sizes but unfortunately I was unable to replicate this so I'm thinking there is something specific related to your installation that is causing this.

Since you are looking to set your site live it would be great if you can create a staging site where we can further investigate this and find a possible solution.

Enjoy your weekend :slight_smile:

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.