mebership levels don't always work consistently

I'm afraid I am becoming very frustrated with the membership plug in and I am ready to go purchase something else.

The levels do not function consistently. I have all of the BuddyPress pages in the negative category for my Stranger level and it works just fine. Strangers cannot access any of the BuddyPress pages.

I have set the Trial level up exactly the same way for BuddyPress pages, I have all of them in the negative category and all pages checked. BUT, when I sign in as a Trial member all of the BuddyPress pages are blocked EXCEPT the members page.

How can this be? They are set up exactly the same. I have refreshed everything and double checked that both the Trial and the Stranger levels are the same for the BuddyPress pages, yet one works and one doesn't. I can uncheck other BuddyPress pages in the Trial level and they will show or not show as they should, but the members page always shows even if I check it in the negative category.

Is this because I am signed in as a Trial 'member' and the program sees me as if I should have access to the members page? Just trying to brainstorm here as to what the problem is.

I have a 3 day free Trial membership on my website and I do not want Trial members to see the membership page.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello JoAnn,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the plugin. Just to be sure we're on the same page, are you using the following beta version of the plugin?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-11-beta

Also, would you please verify that your membership levels are activated and that the subscription levels are both activated and made public? Also, would you please verify that your members don't have multiple membership levels added to them?

I'll see if I can get the developers' input as well but hopefully we can get this sorted with some simple trial and error.

Cheers,
    David

• JoAnn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes, I am using the new beta version of membership. I have double checked, and yes all membership levels are activated. I have verified that none of my members have multiple membership levels. Also, the subscription levels are activated and public.

I am more than happy to e-mail you my user name and password if you would like to look at all of my settings. Mason just did that and solved a problem with the membership plugin that had a conflict with the automessage plugin.

I really do appreciate all the help I get here. Thanks so much.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.