Media Bar not showing videos in Elegant themes- Chameleon Theme

Hello,

Here is the site I am having an issue with:
http://neurocranialintegration.chiropractor.com

I am unable to get the Media Bar to display videos, even though it is supposed to be able to.

I have the latest version of the theme. I just updated it a few days ago.

According to the readme info for the theme, I have added the custom field et_videolink and the youtube URL in the value field. I have turned off all plugins as per the elegant theme forums with the same issues.

I have the pages and posts with the videos entered into a video category, and I have selected the correct category in the theme's panel to display in the media bar.

Still the videos are not showing. Other sites using this theme are able to show videos. Any advice for me?

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Sean,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately from the instructions you gave it appears that you have everything set right - unfortunate because I cannot spot something wrong.

Have you tried standard troubleshooting protocol? Not including changing the theme for obvious reasons because it is indeed what we are testing?

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting. You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• Sean

Hi Joe (and everyone else),

I followed the standard trouble shooting protocol, by switching to Twenty Eleven theme, saw no issues, then switching back to Chameleon. Still no video media in the media bar.

All plugins are deactivated, and still no.

I deleted the theme, re-uploaded from elegant themes, then downloaded to the site. Activated chameleon and still no.

Btw, I have not had any help from Elegant themes, though they have been better about getting back to me in the past.

Any further advice before I completely give up on this theme?

Thanks for any help.

• Sean

Hi Joe,

Our team has been knocking their heads about the Chameleon theme, and thank you, we had some comic relief from your http://aecnuwpmu.us/ site, when you loaded the chameleon theme.

We figured out the problem. For some reason, Elegant Themes asked you to put your posts into pages and to set the categories (bottom right when posting) in the ET Page Template Setting - Select blog categories. It seems these settings don't really put the article into the category even if it is selected. Therefore, the videos don't show up in the media bar.

To fix the problem here's what we did:
    -Post your article in posts (not pages as described in readme)
    -Select category for media bar. Make sure this category is selected in the Chameleon’s epanel media bar options as well.
    -Add custom field et_videolink with URL of video
    -Get thumbnail of video and upload to media library. Copy URL.
    (if you don’t know how to get thumbnail, go here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB9jQee7M5c )
    -In your post, add custom field Thumbnail and URL of thumbnail from your media library (not from youtube URL). Publish and it should work now.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.