Media File Folders - Idea for a plugin

I've been using wordpress for years. I create sites and manage content for quite a few clients. I think a media file manager would be very beneficial to clients with a large spread of content that is used on a regular basis. Newspapers, photographers, and content specific bloggers would all have a need for a quick way to search content that they've already uploaded to their media file.

** maybe organized by categories on multiple levels (i.e. sports -> football -> area teams)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Ryan,

I hope you're well and thank you for your suggestion!

There's a robust "Media Library Assistant" plugin already available. Among other things, it adds taxonomy support (categories and tags), a few shortcodes, bulk editing capability and more. I've used it in the past on few sites and it worked quite well. You may want to take a look here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/media-library-assistant/

However, I appreciate your suggestion very much and I agree that well planned "media library" plugin would make a great enhancement to WordPress. After all, it's always better to build something that would meet expectations of users than try to "adjust expectations to already existing solution" :slight_smile:

That said, if you have any further suggestions regarding this plugin, please feel warmly welcome to share it here. I also hope that more members of our community will support that idea and our company will then begin to work on this!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.