media files not displaying at front or backend for all sites in network

Hi

I'm having a problem with my fetliu.net website - none of the media files are displaying on the front end. When I look in the media library at the back end the images are listed but cannot actually be seen. It's the same for all the sites in the network.
I have used Smush - maybe the issue lies there?
I have Snapshot installed and I thought I could restore from a backup but that fails too.
I'm at a loss to know what to do next.
Please help!
Thanks

  • Rupok

    Hi oliver_haslam,

    I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. This is not supposed to happen.

    I have used Smush - maybe the issue lies there?

    I don't think Smush is responsible in any way because it doesn't change any image path or anything. It just replaces your current images with the compressed versions of those exact images.

    I have Snapshot installed and I thought I could restore from a backup but that fails too.

    Can you please tell us exactly what error is being shown when you are trying to restore from the backup? Please include as much details as possible.

    Just to make sure no other plugin is causing these, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

    I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

    Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

    Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

  • oliver_haslam

    Hi
    Thanks for your reply, Rupok. I've given you Support Access, so please do take a look and do any testing you need to.

    When I try restoring from Snaphot now it says "Restore Note: URL mismatch!. The Snapshot archive does not appear made from the current WordPress system. Every attempt will be made to replace the source URL with the URL from the destination." and it doesn't allow me to press the 'Restore Snapshot' button. I get this error message since trying to restore from a server backup. I tried and failed with Snapshot before that however - it failed on the 2nd or 3rd table it tried to restore so I had to abort, which is when I turned to the server backup.

    I tried disabling plugins one by one when the problem first happened but it didn't make any difference.

    Really hoping you can shed some light on the problem. Thanks for your help.

    Oliver