Media Library has disappeared with WP Smush

I installed the WP Smush plug-in earlier today and bulk smushed my images. Now I'm trying to write a blog post and when I click on "insert media" none of my former 2000+ images show up in my media library and when I upload new images they don't appear either. If I click on media library on my sidebar they do show up there but I want to be able to access them from inside a blog post.

• Sajid

Hello Jessica,
    Hope you are doing good today and welcome aboard :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear you are getting this issue after WP Smush. Could you please provide more details about this issue.

I mean, what option you have selected while smushing the images in Dashboard -> Media -> WP Smush.

Also, please run a plugin and theme conflict test as described in our getting support manual (flowchart) to make sure its not due to a conflict.

Thanks for granting support staff access but I could not log into your site. I get Error 403 - Forbidden on attempt to login using support staff access.

Could you please make sure you don't have any other security plugins installed that is restricted access from certain countries/region. If yes, then could you please disable for a while or white list Asia / Pakistan ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Jessica

Hello,

Unfortunately I'm not sure that I'm understanding everything you're asking but I'll try to answer your questions. I've attached screenshots that show what happens when I try to insert media from a new blog post. I have over 2000 images in my library but none of them show up and I simply have that spinning wheel.

I have not tried deactivating all of my plug-ins yet but I will start that process next. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that in order to use your plug-in.

Finally, I'm not sure why you're not able to log in. I don't think I have a specific plug-in that doesn't allow remote access. If you could let me know what typical plug-ins may prevent this I will try to fix the problem. Thank you.

• Sajid

Hello Jessica,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That's strange, the issue with media is understood but WP Smush has nothing to do with comments or permalinks.

Any way, to further troubleshoot this issue, I have to login and see it myself. I can't predict which plugin exactly is causing this issue but the guess is that any security plugin may do this.

However, if you don't know what plugin is it then you can send in FTP and WordPress admin details directly via our secure contact form in following format.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Take care and look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.