Media Librarythumbnails for all subdomain sites shows broken link errors for all images

I have a subdomain multisite. I have a wildcard ssl for my site. I have been trying to figure (on and off) for months why I can upload an image in a subdomain dashboard, but none of the thumbnail images in subdomain sites show up. Some time ago, a member of this site told me I need to install a wildcard certificate to fix the issue. So I have done that. it didn’t solve the problem.

In viewing the code behind the dashboard pages, I am getting 404 file not found errors. This issue is far above my level of expertise. I have enabled support access and am asking for someone to please log into the site and try to figure out what is going on. Why are the media paths not correct? Why are the thumbnail images not displaying. When you click on one of the empty thumbnail boxes, the name of the image, size, etc is displayed in popup.

For example, I upload media files for one subsite and it is Site id 81. it’s media path as seen in FTP is /xxxxxxxx.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/81/files/2017/01

However, when the broken link thumbnail is clicked and the popup for that media item displays the path is shown as http://subdomain.primarydomain.com/files/2017/01/southernhens_banner.jpg

The media library path ignores the /wp-content/blogs.dir/81/ portion of the file path.

Also, I am using the Domain Mapping Plugin.

Something is altering the correct reference file path on media uploads, but the files are indeed being uploaded to the correct /wp-content/blogs.dir/blogID/year/month/ folder.

Please advise.

• Thomas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I want to add that my primary domain has no issues with referencing the correct file path. Subdomain sites created in the multisite environment are all having the same issue of leaving out a portion of the file path. That portion being left out is ” /wp-content/blog.dir/blogID/ “

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Thomas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Why are the media paths not correct? Why are the thumbnail images not displaying. When you click on one of the empty thumbnail boxes, the name of the image, size, etc is displayed in popup.

Except some gif images, I’m not able to notice the thumbnail images being broken in your subsites. Could you please advise what I’m missing here. I checked connect, Mississippi patriot etc, and except gif, every other thumbnail seems to work fine. Possibly a screenshot should help us understand this better.

However, I do notice different image path, and this is most likely to happen due to a plugin, since I don’t see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin(network plugins too) is causing this issue.

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Thomas,

Ahh. Glad to see that you could resolve the issue by yourself. And thanks for letting us know what was causing this. It will help other members having similar issues in future.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.