Media upload does not work from FrontEnd in Divi Builder

Whenever I try to upload image using Divi frontend builder the site freezes and it works only on pressing the esc key.

I replaced all the Divi files but still the issue persists. Everything works fine when I upload the image from the backend editor.

Can you guys help me get the front-end editor working.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there DigitalPowerups,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

This seems like a bug in Divi as I was also able to experience a broken front-end editor in a local site of mine, likewise on the homepage of your website. These happened for some specific pages, but I couldn't locate a specific pattern and it's working well for new pages. Browser's console gives the following message when this issue occurs:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    /wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/build/bundle.js?ver=3.18.9

I can also see this file called in all latest Divi updates here https://www.elegantthemes.com/api/changelog/divi.txt
    so it's better to contact their support about it, I'm sure that they will find this useful in order to narrow down the problem.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• DigitalPowerups
    • Shark Rider

I've worked with Elegant Themes support and did another plugin conflict test. Everything now works well until I activate Smush Pro. Once Smush is activated I can no longer change images on existing pages. I can change and upload images on NEW pages, just not existing ones.

All of my other sites are working well with Smush.

Thoughts?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there DigitalPowerups,

hope you're doing good today and really appreciate the feedback on this! :slight_smile:

I made some further tests and narrowed this down to Smush CDN module. As long as this isn't enabled, Media library is accessible via Divi frontend editor.
    That's already reported to our developers who are working on a fix that's going to be included in a future release, most probably in the right next one, v.3.1.0.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.