Media upload taking far too long

Hi

Attempting image uploads in wordpress dashboard is taking 10 mins plus per image. Files are within size limits i.e. <64mb

My dev support is open, please could somebody take a look?

Many thanks

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Tobias,

Hope you are doing good today and warm welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

It really depends upon your internet connection and the size of image you are uploading. 64MB or even 20MB is still quite big file size (the size should not be more than 1MB).

If you have bigger images, then it will take longer to upload the files. For testing, try uploading a small image file with only file size of few KBs and then check. If it still taking that long then its a real issue.

Thanks for granting support staff access, I browsed few pages on your WordPress dashboard and all are loading normal. So all is good on WP end.

Also, for web its recommended to have smaller images, this load faster and also save lots of bandwidth + disk space.

We have a really great plugin to optimize the images according to latest web standards called WP Smush Pro (the good news is, you can try it for free in trial).

I would strongly recommend you install and configure on your site to save the bandwidth and disk space + makes your website loads faster (google loves fast sites). It does all the heavy lifting on our servers so you don’t need to worry about server resources.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Tobias :slight_smile:

I tested by uploading a small image on your website and it uploaded within seconds. What is the size of your small image ?

Also, I forgot to mention that, while uploading you can see how many percent of file uploaded at bottom left of the browser mostly in Chrome browser.

Please share that image here, so I could try to upload myself on your site or my own test site to see the difference.

Best Regards,

Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.