Member canceled for no reason.

A member on my site has a paid membership and it was canceled yesterday without either of us knowing. I just had a look at my stripe account and it says the payment failed. Please check and help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jake

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site for transaction logs and took a look at your Stripe account screenshots that you provided. The way the recurring payments work with membership 2 pro is:

– user signs up for a membership and makes initial payment with Stripe

– the membership data is assigned to the user account in your site, so the plugin would know when to expire/cancel membership if there’s no payment

– the subscription is created at the payment gateway (Stripe in this case)

then

– when it’s about to make next payment it’s not Membership 2 Pro that initiates or performs it, it barely waits for the notification from the payment gateway

– instead it’s a payment gateway (Strip) that tries to charge given member (member’s credit card) and then it notifies your site that the payment was taken – or failed.

In this case the payment failed and it did that on Stripe side. Stripe should make more attempts and if it eventually gets the payment successfully, it will call out your site and let the Membership 2 Pro know about it.

However, the point is that it’s either an error/glitch on Stripe’s side or there’s a reason for failing transaction such as for example: no founds available for payment on Members credit card, the card is no longer valid or even that for some reason the Member’s bank or card issuer simply rejected/blocked transaction for some reasons. Unfortunately, there’s no way for us to diagnose it and you’d need to look for more details of the transaction in your Stripe account. If there’s no details on this, I’m afraid you might actually need to get in touch with the member in question to “dig deeper”.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.