Member can't pay, paypal says the invoice is paid

I just got the following email from someone whose subscription expired months ago wanting to renew his subscription but he couldn't because PayPal said the invoice was already paid.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi AMS !

PayPal requires a unique id sent over on each payment for which we are using the current invoice id. If this id is marked already as paid on PayPal's side we get that message. Not sure how a wrong invoice id is being used in those cases. I tried to replicate my self by manually expiring subscriptions but couldn't replicate. A new invoice id was used each time. Only case I could replicate is when I would manually set the new invoice's status to archived. But I'm not sure this is the same case in your site.

Do you have a current user with the same issue? Perhaps I could check out what is happening in his case if you could share this member's id. Else we could work on manually creating new invoices when you get reports about this issue.

Kind regards!

• AMS
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,
    the last time this happened was to MRushman Aug 7. I sent him a separate POS invoice which he paid. I don't know if it's possible to look back in time into what happened. This has happened about 30 times over almost 4 years. Not very often. What I can do is the next time it happens come back to this ticket and perhaps you can look at it while the case is still "hot".

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.