Member Map International City Issue

Hi,

The Google Maps plugin works really great, the only issue I've come across is when I set the address profile field for the Buddypress plugin add on to "city", which is where my members type in the city they live in on registration, it only plots the members on the main member map if it's an American city. I tried Paris and it didn't plot the new member on the main map, but it did plot the member correctly in Paris, France on the users profile map.

Any ideas why the main member map isn't recognizing international cities?

Thanks for your help,
Nicholaus

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Nicholaus,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

I will need to recreate this on my lab site to see if I can replicate the issue.

Can you kindly send me a screenshot of your Google Maps and BuddyPress profile settings so that I can do that exact same and check it out ?

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Nicholaus
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey PC,

For some reason it works now, the member showed up correctly in the main members map.

Maybe it had to do with my caching plugin W3 Total Cache...I'm not sure though.

Let me know if you had the same problem I had initially on your test site,
    Thanks for your help,

Nicholaus

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Nicholaus,

I tested this and it works just fine on my lab site.

Caching can be a pain while developing a website as it generally doesn't pick the changes that fast so whenever you are working on a website, make sure you delete the cache to see if that helps :slight_smile:

Again, if the issue reoccurs, please feel free to ping me :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.