Member Plugin Conflict with WooCommerce

I recently was brought onto a project where the client was having many problems with their site. I have discovered a conflict between the Membership plugin and WooCommerce. I did this with the normal process of disabling all plugins and activating each one at a time. The site seems to work fine with all other plugins until Membership is activated.

The plugin seems to alter the ability for the store to display the list of available products within a category page when using IE9 and Firefox. However this only happens in some browsers. Google Chrome seems to be unaffected.

Here is a page where this is occurring:
http://tinyurl.com/n9428rn

As I was not on the project at the beginning I am not sure what has been done while configuring the Membership plugin.

Any idea on which settings might be creating this problem?

Thanks for you help.

• LanceB

I turned on debugging and got these notices and warnings. I have little experience reading these notices.

Does this shed any light on my problem?

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959

Notice: Use of undefined constant wp_footer - assumed 'wp_footer' in /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cross-linker/crosslink.php on line 2818

Notice: Use of undefined constant test_func - assumed 'test_func' in /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cross-linker/crosslink.php on line 2818

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2959) in /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2959) in /home/waldorfe/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/classes/class-wc-session-handler.php on line 63

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @LanceB

I hope you are well today and thank you for the additional information.

It looks like you've got a plugin somewhere that isn't playing well, if you deactivate everything but WooCommerce and Membership do you still get them same warning notices with debug active?

As basically one is calling the scripts wrong, from a plugin even know it doesn't say which one of course which turns it into a hunt for which one :slight_smile: And then headers already sent, there's most probably some white space at the start or end of a php file in one of the plugins, so ideally I'm afraid we need to deactivate all but membership and WooCommerce and see if that still happens.

I also happened to notice that advance rules are being used, this can cause problems, would it be possible to switch to either just positive or negative? As Advance can cause problems.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• LanceB

Hi Jack,

The error codes are indeed conflicts coming from other plugins. After disabling all others and only having WooCommerce and Memberships running the error codes are no longer there. So I will track those down as a separate issue.

However, the problem still exists with the categories not displaying correctly and when I deactivate the memberships plugin Woocommerce displays normally.

I stumbled upon a temporary solution that will work for now by turning on the option within WooCommerce to display both categories and products on the same page.

Long term it is not how we want the site to function and there may be a bug here that needs to be addressed, as the problem also effects the menu display within the store. Again this is only in IE and Firefox, Chrome seems to be unaffected.

What is the next step in trying to trouble shoot this issue?
    Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.