Member registration to be used with WP registration

The user registering on my site needs to be able to login with its WP credentials. Can that user be send automatically to your membership pluginto becoming a free member first? Is there a way that the user does not have to register twice? I can only find a way that it first registers normally with WP and then selects a plan (free or paid). I have to use getresponse as newsletter tool. Which also integrates with the WP registration.

Thank you for your answer

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Christoph,

Thanks for your post.

Membership integrates with WordPress for the registration process so if a user is already registered directly in WordPress, Membership would treat that as a registered user.

So if you want that a member registered using WP Registration should get a free level, then you can define that level in Membership >> Options >> General and the plugin would treat that member on that level and give access accordingly.

Can you kindly try that and let me know if you face any issues ?

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there,

Thanks for posting back.

Glad to help !

Please note that you should not use the default subscription as I suggested above in case you are using a paid subscription model as well.

In that case you should use the Stranger level settings. So you can create an access level and add it to a subscription plan and make that plan a free one.

That ways the users would be able to choose between free and paid plans.

Btw, is there a chance that your plugin integrates with getresponse?

Unfortunately not at the moment. It only integrates with Mailchimp using pings. If however you need getresponse integration, you can get someone to develop that for you here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.