Members are not automatically gaining access to site after payment

After new members pay for their membership via Paypal they are not automatically gaining access to the site based on their membership level.

I have to log in and do it manually each time. Do you have a suggestion as to how I can fix this?

• steven_roddy_ii
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wow, I didn't see this message. Thank you for the response. I'm using a single site - I'm using positive rules. And I believe I'm using the Membership version...though it's on a Wordpress site.

The plugin is called, Membership Premium.

And what is a IPN response?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @steven_roddy_ii

Thank you for the additional information.
    An IPN response is in PayPal, it's basically like did the payment go through correctly and was the server response ok or did something go wrong.
    You can find it, by logging into PayPal > History > IPN History and then searching for the transactions in question, once you have found them, click on it, and it will tell you some data, All I want round now is the code , something like 200 response ok etc.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Thank you for the login information, I've taken a look.

Can you disable the W3 total cache, Both wordfence and Bullet proof security, then replace your current .htaccess file contents with this

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

And see if it works :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• steven_roddy_ii
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The code that you've given me is already located in the .htaccess file only it's repeated over and over again...about 10 times.

I went ahead and deleted all of them but one. So now, how would you suggest that I test to see if it works?

PS I deactivated BulletProof Security however the word is still appearing in the .htaccess

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

I hope you are well today.

Delete everything (the bulletproof security wording included). and just have the one piece of code like above.

Then, do you have a PayPal sandbox account? If not let me know and I'll re-test the process with my test account.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

I hope you are well, just been taking a look.

I've added myself as a membership admin (forgot to do that the other day). And noticed a few things in the process.

On membership > options > membership pages tab, you need to set a registration page, otherwise members can't register (well they can, but not through this plugin it uses it's own registration process which is why I believe that your members currently aren't getting added to the correct subscription level) As you must have a registration page set.

Also on the same tab, you need to set a subscriptions page, so your users can upgrade and renew their subscription.

I've checked your access levels and subscription plans, they all look good and show work correctly.

Currently how do people register for a membership? Which page?

A sandbox account is to test payments and if every process works correctly, without using real money :slight_smile: It replicates making a purchase with PayPal. They are Virtual accounts and not real ones, no real life transactions can be made with a sandbox account. Developers would use them to test their code works as expected.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

I hope you are well today, sorry for the extreme delay, somehow I missed your last response on this.

That's the problem there, that page just is using PayPal subscription buttons and not the membership registration process so they won't get assigned any subscription if using that method.

And I've just added a subscription page...Will this work? http://www.thepageantplanet.com/subscriptions

It doesn't look like it will, it links to the page where they currently register and shows a protected content message, you need to make sure on your stranger/visitor level that they have access to the registration page :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.