Members assigned ACTIVE memberships when payment isn't completed

Okay, I posted an issue prior to the latest update (actually it might've been a couple updates ago) where members that showed a "pending" payment but never completed the payment were assigned an expired membership with no expiration and no payment:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/members-assigned-expired-memberships-when-payment-isnt-completed#post-897156

I am experiencing the exact same issue now except it is assigning ACTIVE memberships to those that aren't completing payment. They DO NOT have access to protected content, their account is treated as if they never paid, which is good, but now if they WANT TO ACTUALLY PAY it shows them as having an active membership. This is causing confusion for a lot of our clients. I'd appreciate any support, these problems are getting ridiculous. Support Access is ready to go.

Thanks,
Tim

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Tim,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've checked both your site and your other thread and it does seem like the issue is similar in nature. I can see that my colleague @Ashok has notified the plugin developer on this and to my knowledge the issue has already been qualified as a bug in plugin's code.

That being said, I've also passed your question to the developer. I'm sorry it's causing you troubles but I'm sure our development team will fix this as fast as possible.

Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll keep you informed on any fixes and updates.

Regards,
    Adam

• Timothy
    • Flash Drive

Thank you for the quick reply Adam. In the meantime, is there a workaround for these members? I want to "deactivate" their membership so they can actually sign up, but it would be great if their account didn't show deactivated in the activity or send them an expiration email (I've turned off that auto-email, but it's multipurpose). I don't know enough about the back end of this deal, is there a way to amend these details on a member by member basis? It would be nice to get them back to the "visitor" level and clear their activity log.

Thanks,
    Tim

• Timothy
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've activated the add-on but am not seeing how it would help me with a solution. Either way the user would have to cancel their "not actually active" subscription to subscribe at that level. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Tim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.