Members assigned automatically to new membership

I use Membership Pro plugin on my site and I created a new trial subscription for some of my members who had never used the paid subscription.

This was intended for very few members but it is auto-assigned to more than 50 members. How can we stop this?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Stuart,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I'd like a couple more clarifications on this, please. As far as I can see, you haven't selected the Trial membership to be assigned automatically on expiration:

So I wonder how were you using this membership as I see it as private as well. Please advise!

Thank you,

Dimitris

• Stuart
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Dimitris,

So I was using StageLight Paper (Trial) as a way to let people join for free for one month. Then when the membership ends it disappears and they have to choose between my regular membership levels should they want to continue on.

I had assigned it to 3 people when I started receiving all these emails saying that members of StageLight Paper (Trial), all of whom had never been assigned this membership, accounts were expiring.

So then I go in and look at these people's memberships and it shows this:

So I just have no idea how they got assigned that in the first place.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Stuart,

hope you’re doing well and I’m really sorry for the long waiting time on this.

Appreciate the additional information, made things much more clear.

Could you please let me know of a user that got assigned to this Trial level automatically? Even if you edit it already, I’d like to see if we can get some more information with our Second Level Support developers. Please advise!

Also, I see that all of your members are having a single membership level assigned to them, so I’d rather advise deactivating the Multiple Memberships add-on if you’re not going to use it for your members and this should prevent this from happening again.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Stuart,

hope you’re doing well and appreciate the additional information. :slight_smile:

I’ve already escalated this to our Second Level Support team, just in case they can provide any additional information about why this happened, even though Membership 2 Pro plugin doesn’t include much audit-logging information. Anyway, me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here about any finding.

Thank you,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.