Members auto receive email to set password

All members are automatically receiving an email after joining the site confirming their username and providing a link to set their password.

Members are creating username and password when registering, so this auto change password email is not necessary.

How can I stop it?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

These e-mails come from WordPress core. Since 4.3 release the default registration process in WordPress has changed and as a result "set password" confirmation e-mails are being sent to newly registered users.

There was a fix included 1.0.2.2 release of Membership 2 Pro but I tested this just a moment ago on my own test site and on a test site of one of my colleagues and can confirm that. That said, I'm reporting this again to the developers as it's possible that either with recent Membership 2 Pro or WordPress release some code related to these e-mails had changed.

Please note though that the response time of developers may be a bit longer than ours here on forum as they deal with a lot of complex questions. Hopefully, they'll be able to fix that very soon.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.