Members cancel subscription, user type stays the same

When a user cancels their membership, I would like the user type to change back to "Subscriber". Currently, this is not happening, and I am unable to locate the setting that controls this.

Please, where can I find the setting for this?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

When a user cancels their membership, I would like the user type to change back to "Subscriber". Currently, this is not happening, and I am unable to locate the setting that controls this.

I assume that your default role is Subscriber and that you have a different role set in your Levels. So are you saying that when a member leaves a subscription the role isn't being reset back to subscriber?

• lewismedia
    • Flash Drive

Barry, we do have some slight modifications made to the script, only on the template level with this particular plugin, but it seems that it is overwritten every time I upgrade which is why I am hesitant to upgrade every time the option is offered.

Is there any way to keep the template files intact, while upgrading the core?

Also--in answer to your question, yes, the default role is Subscriber. And no, users are not being set back to subscriber when their memberships are canceled.

How to fix? Other than upgrading. I am quite sure that a small version upgrade will not be the solution to this problem, as it has never been the solution to any problem with a WPMU plugin in the past.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Sorry for the delay on this thread, are you still needing assitance?

Any files within the plugin will be updated, especially if you use the dashboard. If you did this via FTP that would give you more control.

Keep a log of what changes and where. A diff program can help there too.

When a member cancels and their subscription expires, their role should revert back.This is processed when they log in I believe.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.