Members charged full amount if Membership is switched in the middle of a cycle

Customer has paid $10 on the 1st day, on the 7th day he wants to change membership to plan B which has amount $20, so how much customer needs to pay on the 7th day to change the membership?
Currently The member will be charged with $20 and the membership to Plan B will be counted from the day he switched. There will be no discount or reduction with the earlier payment or with days passed for the earlier membership.
so do you think this is the right scenario of membership? customer have to pay 2 full membership amount for almost same month.
An option is to use coupon to allow discount to the client but coupon is not the right option, I've total 180 membership and it is quite frequent that they will require to change the membership in my scenario, so the flow which will never gonna work with our customers.. in fact for no one it is the right flow.

• Sohag Ronjon Dey
    • Support

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

After our chat I have contacted with the developers and they have suggested that there is an Add On named Pro Rating which will help with this situation. You can enable it in Membership 2 > Add-ons. If you enable that then when a member switches membership the amount of the earlier membership's remaining days will be discounted from the new membership price for the first month and the new membership start date will be the date when he made the switch.

For example:

I have the Pro Rating addon enabled in my test site. I have 2 memberships in my test site Silver ($10 monthly) and Gold ($25 monthly)

1. A member signs up to Silver membership on Sep 17, 2018 he is charged $10

Start date : 2018-09-17
    Expire Date: 2018-10-17

2. Then he switched to Gold on Sep 24, 2018 and he needed to pay $17.33. That is
    $25 minus Pro-Rate Discount $7.67 and and new membership's

Start date : 2018-09-24
    Expire Date: 2018-10-24

Please check the screenshots http://take.ms/8l80G and http://take.ms/K7N2d

Hope this will help.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to contact us.

Cheers,
    Sohag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.