Members Directory and Global Sitetags

Hello,

I installed the Members Directory and Post Indexer per your instructions and it seems to be working fine. My problem is that I am also using Global Sitetags. I originally started using it before I joined WPMU in order to have sitewide search capabilities. On the Members page, however, it causes all the posts to be duplicated, which makes sense since it indexes all posts.

Is there a way to exclude the Global posts page from the post indexer? Or am I better off deleting the Global Posts page? If I install the Global Search plugin you have, that would eliminate my need for it, correct?

Also, my site has a dark background and on the members page the recent posts come up with white letters in a white box. Could you tell me how to change this?

I'm using WP 3.01, and the site is http://tastethenightlife.com .

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

We're actually about to release (like seriously today or tomorrow) a brand new version of the Global Site Tags plugin here and I'm not sure if any of the others will be upgraded as well (global search or post indexer for example).

Once the release is out, I'll take a look at this with you (or perhaps one of the Global Tag devs can hop over here as well) and we'll help you get this sorted.

My initial thought is that the Global Search will be the best solution, but again as a new update is imminent I think it best to wait.

Also, my site has a dark background and on the members page the recent posts come up with white letters in a white box. Could you tell me how to change this?

Can you provide a direct link to a page like this? I went hunting a bit but didn't see it right off. We can help ya get this sorted as well. :smiley:

Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

You can actually change the background of the rows (and other styling bits) from the wp-admin section. Didn't realize this myself. Learn something new everyday... :smiley:

Go to Super Admin>Options and scroll down till you see "Members Directory" and customize accordingly. It does look like you have an error with the facebook iframes on that page though, so might want to look into that as well.

Thanks!

• jayncali61
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about controls being there! Of course that took care of the problem.

I'm not sure what to do with that facebook error. It only shows up on the members pages, not the posts.

I'll look forward to hearing back from you regarding the Global Site Tags plugin.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.