Members Directory on sub-site only

I see that the Members Directory will show the members on the main site. can it be set up to use only on a sub site? Anyone know or do i need to test it out? Thank You!

• Seth
    • Flash Drive

You could do a hack using this plugins:

http://bp-tricks.com/featured/buddypress-shortcodes-plugin/

Place the shortcode for the “members” display on a page of your main site. Once that’s done, pull up the page in your browser and “go to page source.” There, you’ll see the exact html code generated by the shortcode.

Copy and paste that into the page where you want the members list to display and it should work. I’ve used this hack to display WordPress shortcode generated stuff on html sites so it should work. If you need help getting the generated code, go ahead and set up the page, then email me the url and I’ll see if I can grab the html or you.

sethczerepak (at) gmail

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi Seth thank you for responding!

Does this budypress plugin work with regular WP multisite?

This is for a very simple singles site that is not scheduled to launch until spring, so i hope to do it without a work around, but that plugin does look pretty kewl for a buddypress site i have planned!

Thanks! I notice you have been active helping people. Sending you some reps! :slight_smile:

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey, hope you’re well!

Seth is a writer with Incsub. :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how you’re going with this one now.

As we haven’t heard from you in a short while I’m going to mark this as resolved, if you still need some assistance then just open the thread again or create a new one.

Take care

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

lol Hello @timothy

This goes to show how far behind i am on my emails. lol I am trying to keep up with them but they just keep coming, but if i wasn’t trying to follow so many projects i guess i wouldn’t have that problem!

Anyway haven’t spoke with you in a while so thought i would just say hello, and yeppers it can be marked resolved. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.