Members managing to bypass the membership?

Hi,

for some reason I have members on my site that havent signed up to the subcription I created through Membership 2 Pro. I've opened my site up through the dashboard if you want to take a look?

Not sure whats happened?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello William,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Please go to your site and click on a "Register" link right below the login form. You'll be taken to the registration form that creates regular WordPress user account. This account has to be created because Membership 2 Pro is using it to manage user's membership and then access to content.

The account is created and a user is presented with a choice of memberships. If a user now abandons next step his/her account stays there and is active. The difference is that the user is not given any access to the content protected with a membership (via "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules") and any attempt to access such content will result in asking user to sign up for (paid in this case) membership.

That's a default workflow. You may however assign those users an additional membership automatically. In order to do this, please go to "Membership 2" page and create a new membership of "Default membership" type. It will cover all users that do have an account on your site (and logged in) but do not signup for any standard membership. You could then use this membership to grant them some access to parts of the content (e.g. to give them a "preview" of what they could expect on if signed up for a full membership).

Alternatively, you may leave these accounts as "non membership accounts" and use your membership to protect all (or pretty much all) content of your site. Anytime these users would try to access such a protected content they'd be asked to signup for a membership.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.