Members (Membership plugin) not showing up in e-Newsletter group

Hi, I bought e-Newsletter only because of the easy integration with the Membership plugin. I wanted to be able to send paying customers news about the site and non-paying members coupons and special offers. All non-paying customers are assigned a membership level by default by the plugin. In the members' list it says "(set by default)". I like this setup and it works for me, however none of these free members are assigned a group in e-Newsletter. Only if they are assigned a subscription upon sign up, they are added to the group. I'm not sure if this is a Membership error or a e-Newsletter error or if it's the design. According to the Membership plugin though, I've got no free users, they are not assigned a subscription, but all non-paying customers are assigned this free membership by default when their subscription ends. Can you help me with this?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Joakim!

I'll need to talk to the dev, I'm not sure if leaving the Default membership out of the available send list options was intentional or not. For now I'll submit it as a possible bug, and I'll keep you updated regardless.

Thanks for reporting in, and glad our plugins are (mostly!) working for you!

• Joakim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey, just checking back. I would really need to be able to send to everyone that have a default level. This is why I bought this plugin and it is not working as expected. Another approach would be to be able to send to all members MINUS a certain group. I'm also a bit disappointed that I cannot send messages to people with different subscriptions. Like, I would like to be able to send mails only to people with a trial subscription (which are also premium in that case) and not to paying customers.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Joakim!

We've got a new update that just came out today, and a huge update that happened on Monday, would you mind updating to the latest and see if you're able to send eNewsletters to your default group?

I really like your idea for including different types of subscriptions, like a message just for those on a free trial. We can add that a requested feature. Not all feature requests make it into our plugins, but we try to find the most popular options and those that would benefit the most members. I'll talk to the dev and see how hard it would be to implement.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.