Members not being added during sign up

I use membership2 pro. I have a monthly subscription created. When a new user signs up they are being billed by Pay Pal...but the membership still remains as a visitor. I have to go in and change to monthly subscriber..and even then it does not allow them to see protected content even though page is coded for the monthly paid membership. I have to set them to system member to watch content. Not sure what I am getting for $19 a month?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @David, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I just tried using my sandbox PayPal credentials, and after doing a pair of test signups (one with the single gateway, and one with the standard, I was able to get access to the content protected by that membership (with both test users).

I did notice that in the past, the PayPal Single Gateway worked just fine for one of your users, I'm curious as to whether there might be something up with the configuration of the PayPal Standard Gateway.

Two questions come to mind:

#1: This might be a silly one (good to get out of the way though), but is the IPN URL entered properly inside of PayPal? It sounds like you've got the right Merchant Account ID entered (else you wouldn't have received the payment), but it sounds like the site may not have been notified of the transaction.

#2: I'm also curious about the IPN History here (you can find out more on how to navigate to that here)... if you were to check out one of your more recent transactions, is the status anything other than 200?

I've attached a pair of screenshots here from my sandbox account, to help locate the relevant information. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael