members page?

So I have buddypress installed on my main site. The Membership Directory says it will auto create a members tab for my main site.

Should I not have buddypress on my main site and have it on a subdomain site?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

In order for the Members Directory plugin, it'll need to be installed where you also have BuddyPress installed.

So if you want the directory on your main site, you'll need BuddyPress installed there as well.

Does that answer your question? I'm not quite sure if I follow it.

• chuck_franks
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Brian
    Thanks for your reply.

I have a mulitisite set up.

I wanted to possibly break out the directory on a subdomain so that you didn't hvae to be a paid member of the main site but could pay just to be in the directory.

The idea would be they could pay for either membership to the buddypress or membership to the directory. Depending on which path they choose I'd then help them progress and do both at some point.

The subdomain would just pull the member profile that I would tell it too. (I think)

But the directory doesn't look like I think it should even on the main site.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/setting-up-listing?replies=4#post-351200

I wasn't sure if I'm just conceptualizing the whole thing wrong and making it more difficult that it needs to be. However the purpose of my site to to allow the members to learn and help their own SEO as they are going.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.