Members plugin - cancelling and/or upgrading, how does that work?

I am just wondering about the functionality of the following:

- If a member cancels their account during the free trial, will their access be revoked the next day? I want the ability to let them continue to receive the free trial until the end.

- Similarly, if they pay for 6 months and then cancel straight away, I want their membership to last for the full duration of those 6 months, is there a setting for this?

- What happens when someone upgrades? Say they pay £10 for 6 months, and then upgrade to a bigger plan which is £20 for 6 months, do they lose the original £10, or do they pay the difference, how does this work?

- Also, if I give someone a coupon for 50% off a subscription, does this mean they pay 50% off forever? Is it possible to give 50% off just their first month/year?

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @shaun_robinson

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

- If a member cancels their account during the free trial, will their access be revoked the next day? I want the ability to let them continue to receive the free trial until the end.

- Similarly, if they pay for 6 months and then cancel straight away, I want their membership to last for the full duration of those 6 months, is there a setting for this?

They would have access to their account, until the account expired, even if it was cancelled by them.

- What happens when someone upgrades? Say they pay £10 for 6 months, and then upgrade to a bigger plan which is £20 for 6 months, do they lose the original £10, or do they pay the difference, how does this work?

Unfortunately at the moment it would charge them the full price for the upgrade and not a pro rate upgrade, though I do think that it would be a great feature to have.

- Also, if I give someone a coupon for 50% off a subscription, does this mean they pay 50% off forever? Is it possible to give 50% off just their first month/year?

By default coupons would only come off their first payment not subsequent payments. So if you had a plan at 100, then gave them a 50% coupon, they would pay 50 then 100 per month (or your defined time) thereafter.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.