members still can publish listing even the Available Directory Status Options for publishing is unti

I have the latest plugins (Directory Settings 2.2.2.4) and (Buddypress Version 1.6.2)

Under the Directory Listing Setting, I untick the Available Directory Status Options -> Published (Untick) because I dont want them to publish the listing themselves.

At the front end (Buddypress menu), when the member of my site post a listing, they can only choose at the status section either (pending review or draft) and they can only saved the changes. .

Under my admin panel, I can choose to publish it. It work perfectly fined.

The problem is when the member go to the backend panel instead using the frontend to add new listing in which they can straight away published their listing without the approval of the admin.

Is this a bug?

Please help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings javagee,

Chiming in to see if I can help debug this item that you have reported.

First I notice in your first post that you mentioned Buddy Press 1.6.2 but the newest version out for some time now is 1.6.4

Next later you mentioned that it worked for the old version of the plugin and that you are now using version 2.2.2.4 but the latest version of the directory plugin is version 2.2.2.6

Please update to the latest versions of everything and let us know if the issue persists.

Look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• javagee
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I already updated the following:
    1. Buddypress Version 1.6.4
    2. Directory version 2.2.2.6

The issue still persist in the backend. Can we ask the plugin
    developer to look into this thing?

I really need the fix.

Regards,

• aristath
    • Recruit

I still haven't been able to duplicate your issue....
    Just like in your other issue, I'll need access to your admin panel to figure this out.

Send an email to aristath at incsub dot com
    - Include a link to this thread as this helps me better track the issue
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your admin credentials (user/pass). If it's a network installation I'll need superadmin.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

I've been trying to figure this out...

I can't seem to find anything wrong with your settings (unless I've missed something...)

There has been a new update for the following on your site that I would advise you to update:
    WordPress core to 3.5.1
    Classifieds to 2.3.2.7
    Directory to 2.2.2.7

Since users can create listings from the front-end of your site, why not simply disallow them access to the backend creation form?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• javagee
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,

I already update all the plugins but the problem still persist.

This issue is not only limited to Directory but also to Classified plugin as well.

Since users can create listings from the front-end of your site, why not simply disallow them access to the backend creation form?

I observed that when you are in the back end the user can also purchased credits so I believe this plugins was also design for back end access. If these plugins was design for front end use then I don't understand why the user can access the plugins back ends features in the first place.

I just notice that purchasing additional credits in the back end produce also errors.

Can we ask the plugins editor for both Directory and Classified to look into this issues?

Also can you show me how to disallow the user to access the backend creation form. thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

I observed that when you are in the back end the user can also purchased credits so I believe this plugins was also design for back end access. If these plugins was design for front end use then I don't understand why the user can access the plugins back ends features in the first place.

Yes, this plugin was designed for backend access too.

Can we ask the plugins editor for both Directory and Classified to look into this issues?

This error is unique to your installation. It is not a general error that other users have also reported. There is obviously something unique in your installation that causes this to happen and until we pinpoint the cause of the error, there's really nothing to report to the developers! In order to solve an error, we first have to know what the error is and what is causing it. Developers can solve errors, as long as we provide enough details.

I just notice that purchasing additional credits in the back end produce also errors.

What errors?

can you show me how to disallow the user to access the backend creation form. thanks.

Add the following in your theme's functions.php:

function custom_classifieds_remove_menus () {
      remove_submenu_page( 'edit.php?post_type=classifieds', 'post-new.php?post_type=classifieds' );
    }
    add_action('admin_menu', 'custom_classifieds_remove_menus', 10);

This will remove the menu item for adding new classifieds.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings javagee,

Just touching base with you to see where we are at with this item?

Unfortunately Ari is out until at least Monday but an update to the status of this ticket and items within would be great.

Please advise and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings javagee,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.