Members subscriptions don't expire when their membership ends

Hi guys
I have noticed that the members that are meant to expire have not been. One of my users was due to expire yesterday 29 July 2015, but they still have a full member subscription and can access all content (I have left the users account as is, so you can see the issue).

I have enabled access to my site for you to have a look at this issue

Thanks in advance
Ken

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Ken,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I was unable to access your site back end as I kept getting this error:

Forbidden
    You do not have permission to access this document.

Do you have any security plugins activated which could be causing this?
    Could you try revoking access and then granting it again, just to see if this will make any difference?

Can you tell me which payment gateway you are using?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• DigitalStudent
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Predrag
    Thank you for your time with this issue. The user in question is 'yekcams'.

The 504 Gateway Time-out error is a bit of a pain, I have started another thread for this issue, but I don't seem to be getting this error as frequently at the moment.

Thanks in advance
    Ken

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey DigitalStudent,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site and checked user's settings, memberships and transactions. It seems that the user 'yekcams' has simply payed an invoice, meaning that he/she has renewed the subscription.

I'm not sure though why the price differs from the one setup for the membership. Have you changed the price recently?

If I'm missing something here, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Adam

• DigitalStudent

Hi Predrag / Adam
    This is the problem. As you can see from your screenshot it shows that they have paid for an invoice dated July 17th 2015. When in fact, this is the invoice from 2013, as shown in the Payment due row, for an (at the time) 2-year subscription for £49 (different from current billing price).

If you check the billing you can see that the 2013 invoice has been paid and was due to expire on the 17th of July 2015 but no other invoice has be generated or paid. When I checked this user's account they still have full access to content, which suggests unless I cancel them manually they will have a membership until 17 July 2016.

Thanks again for your help with this issue

Ken Cameron

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Ken,

On member info it looks like the membership should have expired on July 29. but the membership is still there.
    Since this subscribed way back in 2013 can you tell did you use Membership Premium or Protected Content back then?

Did the switch to M2 went smoothly or did you had any issues during the proces?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• DigitalStudent

Hi Predrag
    The member in question says no access and he now doesn't have access to premium content but he has not been updated to the visitor status?

I will keep an eye on this but I do believe that this is now working.

Thanks again for your help
    Ken

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.