Add Message & Links to Membership 2 Account Page

I've spent the last hour reading and didn't find anything like my request. I would like to be able links to courses and add special messages or updates from time to time on the My Account page. Anything I add to that page shows to those NOT loggged in above (or below) the login box.

I don't want these links or special messages to be viewed until the paid user is logged in.

Is this possible? TIA!

Ken Kimbrell

Hello WPMuse-

Have you considered using our CustomPress plugin? You could use this to create a custom post type, in this case for updates and or special messages. Adding the custom post shortcode to the account page, and using the Membership 2 protection shortcode and wrapping the custom post shortcode around that. So now, the post would only be viewed by logged in and subscribed members.

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Ken Kimbrell

Hello WPMuse-

I was successful in achieving your desired effect. This solution involves going to your wordpress dashboard, finding Membership 2 > Add-ons and enabling protection on Individual Posts.

I did away with custom posts and then made it to where you can use a standard post and set the category to 'Email Etiquette Posts' this will ensure that only the posts with this category are filtered over to the account page.

When creating a post, you will need to make sure Enable Protection is selected to on, Guests is turned off, Membership Business Technology & Email Etiquette Workshop is turned on, and the 'Email Etiquette Posts' category is ticked. Then once creating the post, only the title will be visible to non subscribed members, so you may want to consider making the title catchy to the non-subscribed visitors. See image below:

I needed two outside plugins to make it work. I used Category Posts Widget , to generate a special post that only outputted the desired category. I then used a plugin called Widget Shortcode to turn the widget into a shortcode. I placed the shortcode in the account page. You can modify the widget to your liking. Including removing the title and creating a custom one by adding text above the shortcode on the account page.

I also came across the output of duplicate protection messages. I was able to come up with a workaround to the problem by adding this style to your Additional CSS option built into the admin options for wordpress. See code below:

.ms-protected-content p {
        display: none !important;
    }

You can find the additional css by going to your wordpress dashboard and finding Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Again, I was never able to replicate the bug on my lab site, but we will monitor this and see if the issue comes up with other members. We thank you for bringing it to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Let me know how this works for you!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

WPMuse

Ken,

Wow! I can't believe you troubleshot all that for me! Thank you so much!

Maybe this is something WPMU could consider to add to Membership 2 in the future? The ability to add member messages such as system status, up-sells, updates, etc. I would think is something admins would want/use.

I've been with WPMU for years and it keeps getting better and better! WPMU is lucky to have you!

Thank you again!

Ken Kimbrell

Hello WPMuse-

Maybe this is something WPMU could consider to add to Membership 2 in the future? The ability to add member messages such as system status, up-sells, updates, etc. I would think is something admins would want/use.

That is an excellent idea. I will add this thread to Features and Feedback!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support