Membership 2 add sub members

Is it possible to have a parent membership account be able to allocate 5 sub members that the parent member can create, which have access to that members content?

• Nastia

Hello James , I trust you are doing well today!

It is possible to allow to a member to subscribe to multiple memberships. It will not be exactly like parent membership - child membership, it will be close to what you to achieve.

For this activate the Multiple Memberships add-on from Membership 2 > Add-ons:

From there, edit the main membership, from Membership 2 > Memberships, go to Upgrade Path tab, and allow or deny from members of a specific membership to subscribe to other memberships.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Anajyar

I too, am looking for this function but the above example doesn't quite work. I've seen others that confer additional memberships through the coupons function to comp others as a part of a paid membership. This is also critical to the member counts. I'm wondering if that can happen?

Example 1: Family of four purchases a 'Family Class' membership to a website
    One Parent manages the account while others each have membership access of their own.
    Family Class of membership Count: 1 / Individual Member Count: 4

Example 2 (my use case): Member organization is the parent company of several other sub orgs. Their paid membership is for the entire system of orgs. Need to provide the benefits to all other sub orgs, but need both sides of the count as in Example 1. Contact capture should also occur for each sub org.
    Alphabet - Parent Company of Google - Parent Membership Type Count: 1
    Full Member Count including the others: ??? (Android, Fiber, Google, Google X, Nest, Verily...) - No idea how many fall under Alphabet these days, but you get what I mean here...

If this is not a part of the "plan" - anyone you can point me in the direction of for a custom option?

• Sajid

Hello Anajyar,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but as mentioned by Nastia above, there is no such option available in the plugin out of the box.

There are only workarounds, like the one suggested by Nastia above or you may find in public forum used by others.

If you need these options then you have to further customize this plugin according to your requirements. You can hire an independent developer from jobs board to do this job.

For future reference, if you need further support then please consider creating your own ticket instead of posting in similar threads according to our forum posting rules.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid