Membership 2 approving members

Hi Guys,

I have a question about the membership 2 plugin, can you tell me how I would set it up so that when someone registers as a member it is held for approval by an admin of the site. For some reason I thought I had seen this but now that I need it I cannot locate how it is done.

Thanks for the help

John Overall

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey John,

You can do this with the Manual payment gateway. The member won’t be assigned the membership until you manually approve the payment. Is it a paid membership? Or you just want to always approve a member before they receive access to anything?

If it’s unpaid, then another option would be to create two memberships. One is public and the other is private.

Your users sign up for the public membership, which still won’t give them access to anything then you can manually swap them over to the private membership that does give them access – once you’ve approved them.

Would that work for your needs?

Cheers,

Tyler

• John Overall
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok that worked great I did discover another way it can be done in case someone else comes looking.

What you can do is create a membership and turn on the invitation code module then when they try to register it tell them they need an invitation and they can apply for one.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.