Membership 2 - Are there shortcodes for each membership?

Hello,
I'm not a fan of how the default memberships page looks. It has a weird "System Membership" listed at the top, which is messy and confusing.

Also, the descriptions for the various memberships are lumped together, with no way to format them.

I liked how Membership had shortcodes for each membership, so you could embed them within a page. That is how I had my old system set-up.

Here is my memberships page:
http://blueridgeservices.com/on-demand/

And hear is how I want it to look:
http://blueridgeservices.com/on-demand2/

Thank you,

Sarah

• Michelle Shull

Hi there, Sarah!

1. You can delete the system membership. Before you do, make sure there are no members in it. That's included as a just-in-case, you don't need to keep System Memberships. :slight_smile:

2. I see your original page is using the Elegant Themes page builder to create your content blocks. I'm not sure we can make Membership 2 work within that framework, but you can apply some CSS styling to the membership info boxes. (Such as background colors, line spacing, etc.) We can also attempt to float them side by side, so you've got a horizontal row instead of a vertical list. (Depending on how the theme is coded, this may or may not work.) To do this, you'd need to borrow the CSS from the divi element and apply it to your membership box.

3. You can find the protection shortcodes for each level on your Memberships page under Membership 2 in your admin dashboard. To use this, however, you'll need to activate the Shortcode Protection settings for each membership. At this time, we don't provide shortcodes for page content, just to allow more specific content protection.

Hope this helps!

• Sarah

Hi Michelle,
    1. Where and how do I delete the system membership? It's not listed under my Memberships.

2. When you say "I'm not sure we can make Membership 2 work within that framework," do you mean AT all? Or just the special formatting I'm asking for?

3. I activated the shortcode add-on, and I see the shortcodes next to each membership, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate the shortcode protections. And how would I use the shortcodes on this page, for example: http://www.blueridgeservices.com/on-demand2

Thank you,
    Sarah

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @Sarah,

Hope you don't mind me chipping in here.

1. All memberships should be located in Membership 2 -> Memberships. If the membership is not there where are you seeing it?

2. I'm getting 404 on "on-demand2" so I'm not really sure what you're looking to change. Michelle simply pointed out that there could be possible issues because of the page builder. We should be able to apply some CSS to it to customize it. Please let us know what you're looking for.

3. If you're looking to protect specific parts of your content you can for example add the following in your post/page content:

[ms-protect-content id="63"]
    Your content
    [/ms-protect-content]

This should display "your content" only for users that have access to membership level with ID 63.

Best regards,
    Bojan