[Membership 2] Automated Email Responses not saved or displayed

With the current v1.1.5 it seems the Automated Email Responses are not being saved. I enter the text for an email type, click Save Changes, go to another template, come back, and it's not there.
This could be just a rendering issue, as when I "Load Template" there is no default template displayed for any of the email types.

Just a sidenote: I'm doing this in a new WPMU DEV Hosted site, in a staging area. I have no idea if any of that is relevant.

Thanks.

• Dimitris

Hello there Tony G,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I was able to replicate this exact same issue, not in a staging but in the production environment of a site in our new hosting service.
    Fortunately, I was also able to resolve this and see the actual edits I made in Membership 2 Pro email templates, after flushing the Object Cache in our hosting. Also staging includes an Object Cache, can you please flush it and let me know if that did the trick?

I've already informed both sysadmins who handle hosting and Membership's developers about it.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Tony G

The text displays correctly after flushing the Object Cache. Thank you very much.

In the bigger picture, I'm concerned that there will be an ongoing need to flush cache to view changes to staging. The way it is now, with caching on by default, it seems we need to have two windows open, one to the admin dashboard to make changes, and the other to the Hub Hosting area to clear cache when it looks like changes aren't taking effect. That's not a good approach to development. If that IS the intended protocol, then it needs to be made clear to site admins, right now I don't think there is any mention of this concept. I'd further suggest that a clear-cache button be made available in the footer (for all pages, front and back) for staging sites so that we don't need to keep another page open to clear cache.

That said, as you see, having the cache on by default has a cascading effect requiring extra effort and/or coding. I recommend that cache for staging should be off by default so that we can immediately see the effects of our changes. I'd be OK with going to the Hub to turn it on when desired to test the effects of caching.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.