Membership 2 Billing with a Free Promo Code

We are encountering some issues with Membership accounts when they are using a promo codes to give them a Free access to a paid membership. As the process doesn't go through a Payment Gateway the Membership isn't actually created.

We have a work around, where we execute a manual Billing with $39 due and $39 discount and ensure that the checkbox is checked to 'Execute status change actions on Save (add/remove membership) '. This seems to have solved the immediate problem.

Support access is ACTIVE until July 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Look at member billb for the history with the work around.
Look at member jennbass for what the profile looks like with out us doing the work around yet.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Jenn,

Hope you're well?

I just registered an account on your site (via admin) and then logged in with that account and signed up to the founders plan, used a coupon which gave 39.99 off, and it added me to the membership plan perfectly fine.

I do however note that there's an issue with the mailchimp plugin you have installed. it gives a fatal error when you try & signup. You might want to look at that.

Hope this helps

• jenn
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We are now seeing problems with people who use a non-full price discount code (aka $10 off) user coachsk used a promo and paid (verified on PayPal) but the billing didn't mark as Paid but New. User goalie31nk paid full price and paid (verified on PayPal) but the billing didn't mark as Paid and was New. We have to manually go in and mark it is Paid before the users can access the protected content.

What is wrong? Why won't it just work?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Jenn,

I just tried again registering via the front-end as a normal new user would. I used the 39.99 coupon again, and that went through fine.

I then created a coupon for 38.99 discount, essentially i had to pay $1, registered from the front-end again, and paid via paypal, and everything went through fine.

It could be that there's a delay between paypal sending the return response, sometimes it can take a few mins, but sometimes it can take longer. But that's due to paypal unfortunately.

I can't seem to replicate the issues you've reported though.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

They should all work fine, could you check your Paypal IPN logs for those transactions that seemed to have failed? the IPN logs might give a clue. As I said though, I couldn't replicate it and my test registrations went through perfectly fine as you could see in your transaction history on the site.

There has also been a major update to M2 in last couple of days, if you could update to the latest release and see if that still gives any issues as the latest release includes a lot of bugfixes.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.