Membership 2 - Changing user's membership causes problems

I have a problem on my Membership 2 Pro site where if I change the Membership of an existing user, the user will show as blank in the Membership list, and the Membership will be listed as "Admin User". See attached screenshot.

The way I was changing the membership of the user was to click the "x" next to the colored membership box and then type in the name of the new membership. Then it would populate a new colored box for that membership type. There's no "Save" button on that screen so I would just hit refresh and then the user would appear as in the screenshot....blank with the "Admin User" designation.

I had recently upgraded from the original Membership plugin. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @packjazz,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

It seems you're doing everything right. Just to confirm: after you remove the membership from user, you just start typing another membership's name, the membership pops up and you select it.

You should see a "spinning wheel" for a blink of an eye and this new membership should appear next to user's name.

As it doesn't, I suspect that there's a plugin or theme conflict that's causing JavaScripts/AJAX glitches. That said, could you please try the following steps? It would greatly help me diagnose the issue:

1. Empty all caches and disable caching plugin if you're using any and check for the issue
    2. If it doesn't help, please switch to a default Twenty Fifteen WordPress theme and check again while still keeping caching plugin disabled
    3. If there's still no success, try disabling all the plugins at once (except Membership 2) and then enabling them one-by-one each time checking for the issue.

This way you should be able to identify the main culprit here and knowing this I should be able to provide you with a solution!

Let me know about the results!

Cheers,A
    Adam

• packjazz

Another update...if I go to the Memberships screen and click on the number next to the Membership to view the users on that subscription, I can see the user's that I previously couldn't see in the Member list. And then when I go back to the member list....they are there. So it seems I need to view that screen before the membership change will take effect? This is weird, it seems like a bug to me.