Membership 2 conflict with Set Password plugin

When Set Password is active, there are extra password fields on the Membership registration page.
I've hidden them via CSS, but I need a better solution, as I would like to avoid clients having to use CSS where possible.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Phil

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The point of the Set Password plugin is to let users select their passwords when they sign up as without it the process is different. To let them do this, plugin adds those password fields. The Membership 2 Pro, also "takes over" the registration so that might be a bit unusual case indeed.

I think we should just make one of the plugins detect that the other one is currently there and make it automatically "skip adding those fields" - that should solve the issue. We've already passed this question to our developers and are awaiting their response on this so please keep an eye on this ticket for further information.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hey Phil ,

You can add this snippet into your functions.php ( preferably the child themes ) to remove the extra Set Password fields from the Membership registration form.

add_action( 'ms_frontend_register-register_form', 'membership_remove_set_password_fields' );
    function membership_remove_set_password_fields() {
    	remove_action( 'signup_extra_fields', 'wpmu_signup_password_fields' );
    }

Tell me if you need further help!

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Phil
    • Flash Drive

Dear Adam and Konstantinos,

Regarding "I think we should just make one of the plugins detect that the other one is currently there and make it automatically "skip adding those fields" - that should solve the issue. We've already passed this question to our developers and are awaiting their response on this so please keep an eye on this ticket for further information."

Will you be implementing this in an update for the plugin? It seems sensible from my perspective?

Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.