[Membership 2] Custom fields on registration form

I need assistance with understanding how to add a customize field to the registration form for Membership 2 Pro.
I'm setting up a membership portal where the current members have membership numbers that I would like to have displayed on their account page.
Plus I need to import the list which has the membership number into the plugin, but didn't want to do it until I've created a place to store that information. Can you help me with that?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Julius

I trust you're doing well!

The Membership 2 plugins come with Profile Fields add-on, that can be enabled from Membership 2 > Add-ons

Profile fields can be edited from Membership 2 > Settings > Profile Fields. Please note, there are additional profile fields added only, that can be enabled or deactivated.

To add custom fields to registration, it can be done only with the integration with the BuddyPress plugin. Please activate the plugin and enable BuddyPress Integration add-on. Click on details link and enable Use BuddyPress Registration and Show xProfile Fields

Please make sure BuddyPress and Membership using different registration pages.

To add registration and account custom fields, please go to Users > Profile Fields.

To hide the message "Oops, looks like you did not activate a payment gateway yet." please remove the membership price Edit a membership and change the "Payment Amount" to zero. Please see this screenshot:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Julius
    • Syntax Hero

Okay.

Once I’ve setup the new field using BuddyPress, am I able to import a list that has this new field.

With hiding the error message, is there a way to completely remove that maybe with a filter. The client is going to accept payments for membership and would like to have the receipts accessible to the member in the portal.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Julius,
    hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

With hiding the error message, is there a way to completely remove that maybe with a filter. The client is going to accept payments for membership and would like to have the receipts accessible to the member in the portal.

Are you going to use Membership 2 Pro and the payment gateways it provides for these payments?
    If so, you could then edit the price of the membership plan you use as Nastia mentioned before, then you can create another membership level with a price and a payment gateway for it and members can update their level to the new one.

Let me know if this could work for you or if I'm missing something else in the flow that you want to accomplish here.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Julius
      • Syntax Hero

No unfortunately the client is still taking in person payments. The process workflow will happen this way:
      - Person meets with treasurer to make payment.
      -Treasurer logs into Membership Pro 2 system to update membership information that a payment has been made.
      -Person receives an email with their receipt from the payment

Does this make sense?

• Julius
    • Syntax Hero

Maybe we should start a fresh. :slight_smile:

I would like to do the following with Membership Pro 2:
    -Add a custom field called member no. I've found a post from a WPMU developer that has helped me so far. In fact, I've added it and it displays based on the solution presented by your colleague Konstantinos Xenos.
    -I would like to use the bulk import feature to import a list of 75 names that include: first name, last name, email address, and member no
    -On each members account page, I would like the custom information to appear there as well and on their invoice if that's possible.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Julius!

Hope you're doing great today and I apologise for the long waiting time. Sorry for that.

We've forwarded your case to our Second Line Support team - both Panos, the author of the snippet you mentioned and Konstantinos are members of that team. Please allow some time for them to help with the integrations you need and let's see if they can come up with a way to adjust the snippet to your needs. Either them or one of us will update you on any progress in this matter, we appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Julius !

So sorry for delay. So you have the first part covered. As for the second part I understand you have some json/csv file you need to import? Is that file exported via Membership exporter? If not could you send a demo file we can try out as we need to have specific fields to import?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.