Membership 2 expiration emails going out for no reason

Since I updated the plugin to version 1.0.2.5 I've had some of my members receive an "Subscription Expired" email even though their membership shows as active in the dashboard and everything looks good in the payment gateway (Stripe) as well. It seems as though the emails are getting sent out for no reason.

I've granted support access if you need to take a look.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @packjazz

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question.

To be honest, we didn't get any similar issue yet. Did it happen for every member who joined using stripe? How many times the email is sent for an user?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• packjazz
    • The Incredible Code Injector

It's only happened twice so far. From what I can tell, it happens when the member's renewal date arrives.

For example, I have one member who is on a monthly plan and his renewal day is the 13th. His membership is set to automatically renew and it looks like the renewal went through without issues (his expiration date is now showing as 1/13/2016), but he got the Subscription Expired email yesterday.

• packjazz

@Ashok, I've had a few more automatic membership renewals go through Stripe without problems, so I'm not sure what the issue was before. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if it happens again, but since it doesn't seem to be a reoccurring problem, we can consider this resolved for now.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @packjazz

I am just letting you know that we didn't forget the issue, we have been working on this. But the problem is, we could not replicate the issue yet. We will update you as soon we can track it down.

We appreciate your patience.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• packjazz

@Ashok - Any updates? This is still occuring and it's becoming quite a nuisance. Not only are my members receiving expiration emails when their account is set to auto-renew, but they are also receiving expiration emails a full 30-days before their expiration date. I just had someone get an email that said:

"Your membership at [...] has ended on 2016-01-30."

Anything you can do to help me fix this will be greatly appreciated.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @packjazz

Do you have any test site that we can do some experiment with? Or if you please could a sandbox site, that would be great for us. We have tried in too many ways, even one of our staff use this plugin in his site, but didn't face this issue :slight_frown: It's really strange and difficult to track.

Please let me know.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• packjazz

I'm not really sure how I can sandbox a live site? If I do, then the emails will end up getting sent to the users twice no?

I'm working around the issue by disabling the "Subscription - Expired" email responses. I really don't need them anyway since all users are on automatically recurring memberships.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello packjazz,

I think you could just copy your site with Snapshot (or Duplicator if you prefer) install in the same environment (subdirectory of your actual site) and then just remove members/users so they will not get any mail - but we will be able to create test users and troubleshoot this.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.