[Membership 2] Export ALL User Data

Hello,
We have imported members from a spreadsheet which has a whole lot of fields.
But when I go to Membership 2 > All Members > Select All > Export List as CSV I get a spreadsheet, but it does not contain all the fields that it did when we imported the users.
I'm hoping someone can tell me how I can fix this so it exports ALL data on each member?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Simon

I hope you're fine today!

I'm not sure if I fully understand the case.

I mean, you have imported user data first using some spreadsheet - where did it come from, was it CSV exported previously from Membership 2 Pro or was it from some other plugin or e.g. manually created? What sort of other fields are those in question?

When you initially imported - was that import via Membership 2 Pro and it imported all the fields or you imported it via either native WP importer or some other plugin?

Please elaborate on this a bit to help me better understand the case. I'll be glad then to assist you with it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your response.

The Membership 2 Pro plugin exports only the basic "membership" data. If you export "Members" it will include member (user) ID, username, first name, last name, e-mail and a set of data related to memberships that user is a member of. This is because Membership 2 Pro plugin doesn't store user data itself. It's based on a native WP user accounts and it only creates memberships and maintains "relationships" between "membership", "user account" and "payment/subscription details". Any additional user data are actually handled by WordPress itself.

The "Export list as CSV" can be useful e.g. for some statistical purposes or for use with other (often custom) tools and so on. It doesn't include any additional profile data other than most basic information - the same you see by default on "All members" page.

Since I still don't know what kind/type of data you have imported and how they are stored (e.g. if they are some additional profile fields or some custom data in a custom db table etc), it's difficult to give any more detailed answer but in general - if you want to export such data you will need either need some custom script (like for importing) or some more "universal" tool. A plugin like WP All Export might be of help here.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @simon-thomas!

The Membership 2 Pro itself doesn't "handle" any additional fields. It can "use them" in that sense that if you create some additional profile fields (e.g. with some code or with BuddyPress) it can display them on a registration or profile forms - that can be set with "Profile Fields" add-on.

However, that still doesn't mean that plugin is actually processing/handling these fields and it won't export them. They are still "WordPress user profile" fields and the export of such data would have to be achieve in some other way (such as custom script or some 3rd party plugin, as mentioned before).

That said, I think that maybe I would be able to help you better if I knew what exactly do you want to achieve. I mean: I understand that you want to export "all member data along with all custom profile data" into the CSV file but I don't know the purpose. Knowing that, perhaps I'd be able to suggest some other solution/workaround? If you could describe your "ultimate goal", I'd be happy to see what could be done to achieve it.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.