Membership 2, extending and allowing access without payment

The membership plugin is allowing members to renew multiple times, without payment, extending the term by as many times as they do this.

• James
    • Flash Drive

Still waiting, its been 7 days since the last reply. I have an update as to the potential problem:
    If you look at membership and billing, ambernewgard renewed 3 times to 2020 and didn't pay, and isn't given the option to pay.

I think the problem is arising because, people that are activated by admins, are set in the payment gateway section to none(admin). I tried to change the status on their subscription details page and it wouldn't let me save them to pending or deactivate. What I feel is happening is that when they expire, they can click renew and it keeps their default payment gateway of admin(none) and allows them to continue without paying again. So the fix would probably be to clear out the payment gateway when they expire, and/or allow admins to change their status, as well as removing their payment gateway when an admin deactivates or puts them to pending.

• Majid
    • Syntax Hero

Hey James,

I'm Really sorry for the delay,
    I manually added a user majid_test and I applied the MN Ace Membership for him, but when I tried to renew/extend my membership there was no way for me to do so unless I paid (via PayPal).

I just have few question to hep us see where the issue is exactly coming from...
    First one is when does the issue happen exactly ? is it when the user has an expired membership ?
    or didn't it happen for that user in particular ambernewgard

Let me know in a reply,

Regards,
    Majid

• James
    • Flash Drive

If you look at membership and billing, ambernewgard renewed 3 times to 2020 and didn't pay, and isn't given the option to pay.

I think the problem is arising because, people that are activated by admins, are set in the payment gateway section to none(admin). I tried to change the status on their subscription details page and it wouldn't let me save them to pending or deactivate. What I feel is happening is that when they expire, they can click renew and it keeps their default payment gateway of admin(none) and allows them to continue without paying again. So the fix would probably be to clear out the payment gateway when they expire, and/or allow admins to change their status, as well as removing their payment gateway when an admin deactivates or puts them to pending.

• James
    • Flash Drive

It took 1 day to respond when I notified you it had been 17 days. Then your support did a half ass test, not even looking at my very detailed descriptions. So I responded with the exact same descriptions again, and now it has been 12 days. I am already regretting that I paid for this service, and for 3 years, because your payments messed up and charged me full price. Now I'm tied to these buggy plugins and get no support. All the while I have clients blaming me for terrible support and inability to fix the most basic needs of a membership plugin. I have re-enabled access since it expired 7 days ago.

• James
    • Flash Drive

I can run a SQL script that will work. Now I have another issue. I have a templated email that is set to OFF. The subscription expiring - 30 days. It is sending out to members, and this is confirmed in Help>email history.
    First it is sending when its off, 2nd its not even sending the custom email template that is saved. I have give support access again.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi James ,

I tried replicating what you describe regarding the emails. When I deactivate the email it doesn't get send

Will do some further testing though. However I would like to know for sure that the email is indeed sent by Memebership plugin. Could you please confirm that this email is the ne you describe and not sent from other custom function or other plugin? Asking cause you mention that the template is wrong. Could you also provide any other information that could possibly help, like if the subject is the same?

Thanks!

• James
    • Flash Drive

If you go to membership2>help>email history you can see that the one(subscription due in 30 days) that is turned off is getting sent. The template that is being sent is the default one, where the one we have defined in that email (subscription due in 30 days), can be seen in the automated emails template (subscription due in 30 days). I reactivated access

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello James,

Thank you for granting access - I checked your email settings and I found those emails. I setup test on my site to see if I can replicate this error also.

I would like you to enable debug mode in WordPress, if there is error that makes those email send then we should get it in debug.log. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

When I was checking first this thread access was not activated and I noticed this message https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-2-extending-and-allowing-access-without-payment#post-1254086 - just wanted to be sure we are with this on the same page and there will be no more delays on our side.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.