Membership 2 Form Fields

I'm trying to add some custom fields to the Membership 2 registration form. In the Form field settings I see three columns - Field Name, Registration Form, Profile Form. I'm assuming the Registration Form column is for the fields that are actually on the registration form. But what is the "Profile Form" column - what are those settings for, and what do they do?

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Aubrey Williams

Hope you're fine today!

Profile Form is the form that allows members to edit their details when they are already registered and logged in. Users can access this form from the account page or from any other place where you're using [ms-membership-account] shortcode. There you can see the Personal details section and when you click on Edit Details you'll see the Profile Form.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Aubrey Williams

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Unfortunately, Membership 2 Pro doesn't allow you to change labels of fields in profile form. You only can set custom labels for certain fields (first name, last name, username, email, and password) of the registration form when you're using shortcode [ms-membership-register-user]. More about how to use this shortcode you can find at your Wordpress Dashboard > Membership 2 > Help > Shortcodes.

Also, as a workaround, I can suggest you to use Ultimate Branding plugin. You'd need to do the following:
    1. Install and activate Ultimate Branding plugin
    2. Go to Branding > Dashboard and activate "Network Wide Text Change" module.
    3. Go to Branding > Text Change and add new text change item and fill it with needed data.

As an example to change Email to Email Address, you'd need to set the following:

Also, note, if you'd like to make this change only for Membership plugin, you'd need to set Text domain -> membership2.

If you have any additional questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Aubrey Williams

Ok I think you're saying I cannot edit the text of the field names. What about adding additional fields - is that possible?

If I have to use that Ultimate Branding plugin you suggested, are you saying I can edit the firm text that way?

I only joined wpmu dev for the ability to charge monthly membership fees and block certain content to non-members. There are fields of the registration form I need to edit or add. If I cannot easily do that, I'll have to cancel my wpmu dev account and find a different solution.

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Aubrey Williams

Hope you're having a good day!

Ok I think you're saying I cannot edit the text of the field names. What about adding additional fields - is that possible?

By using Profile Fields add-on you can add only fields those are listed at Membership 2 > Settings > Profile Fields section and it's not possible to add your own custom fields.
    The easiest way to add custom fields is to use Cimy Users Extra Fields plugin, that can be integrated with membership 2 form easy and can add as many fields (required or optional) you want in Membership 2 registration form.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/

If I have to use that Ultimate Branding plugin you suggested, are you saying I can edit the firm text that way?

With this plugin, you will be able to replace names of the fields with any other text.

Kind regards,
    Katya