Membership 2: How to bypass "memberships" page in signup process

Objective: I want a URL (direct link that can be placed in an 'a' tag) that takes the user through this process, without additional steps:

1) User clicks/follows the link
2) User is prompted to fill out the registration form. User submits form
3) User BYPASSES the "memberships" page that lists all available memberships (This step contributes to abandonment)
4) User is prompted to pay. User pays

In a previous thread I was given this URL when I asked for a direct URL to the signup form
/memberships/?membership_id=378

The above URL directs the user to /register/

After filling in the registration form the user is directed to /memberships/ which lists all available memberships.

How can I achieve the objectives listed above?

Thanks in advance
@Michael Bissett

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello BGF,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've tested this on my own sandbox and the workflow here turns out to be a bit different. If you direct a logged-in user to the link in question, it's working as expected: it does sign you up to this particular membership and gives you an option to pay (at least I can confirm this behavior on my test install). However, if a user isn't logged in he/she is redirected to the registration/login form and after registration/login is presented with a full list of memberships.

It seems then that the solution is good but there's a bug of some kind that prevents Membership 2 from keeping an information about selected membership through an entire process. That being said, I'm calling the developer here for help and I hope he'll come up with a solution.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates and information!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi there,

I found a hook which can do this, the flow will be
    1. User go to sign up page, which created by the shortcode [ms-membership-register-user]
    2. User filled the form and click submit, user registered an account.
    3. In this step, we will add a hook to redirect user to another URL instead if Membership 2 Pages
    So can you please let me know which page your users should be redirected to after register an account? So I can prepare a code for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello scottb50,

I hope you're doing fine!

I admit I'm not sure how should I understand your question in this case. I guess though that you're asking if the solution proposed by Hoang was ever implemented/coded.

As BGF had never responded to this thread, I'm not able to say. It's worth noting though that a number of updates to Membership 2 Po plugin has been released since then and as far as I'm aware the issue in question is no longer relevant as you can simply use a "[ms-membership-buy]" shortcode along with an ID of a membership on any post/page and this will let you "skip" the list of memberships during registration.

I hope that helps and if you need any further/other assistance, please do not hesitate to start new threads of your own (as this thread is already pretty much outdated) and I'll be glad to work with you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.