Membership 2 imported members without usernames??

Everything seemed to go ok on upgrade to Membership 2, but now looking at the members I see that many are in there without usernames. . . so weird. When I click to edit them it says the username is invalid - no surprise.

This is a HUGE problem.

I do not want to have to revert. How can I get this fixed??

• Patrick

Hi there @Candace

I hope you had a great weekend!

How many members did you import from the old Membership plugin?

What option did you select at Batch size for import? Can you please try running the import again with that set to a lower option? You may also want to check Replace current content with import data (note that it will remove any existing Memberships/Members before importing data).

• Candace

Luckily I had an updraft plus back up in place and have reverted the entire thing to pre update.

So, before I move forward again, I did 30 updates at a time for the batch size. I did replace current with import.

Is there a way to export the old plugin membership details and import them fresh after the upgrade? Since I am back to old plugin the data is clean and happy again.

Also, will the be a cutoff time by which I am required to upgrade the plugin?

• Candace

I suspect that the complication has to do with the way my client creates their usernames. The usernames for their members are 4 digit numbers (ie 2441). The logins that were 4 digit numbers were the ones that did not import correctly. Those of us with admin functions use standard usernames, like capple, etc. Those imported fine, which was why I was still able to get in and do things - thank goodness.

So, the client has 1300 members with 4 digit usernames, but your new membership plugin cannot handle username that 4 digit format during the upgrade.

I NEED a work around if we are going to have to move forward with the update. The client WILL NOT change their usernames as this is used as a cross reference to their accounting system.

I am happy to do some sort of manual membership export before update and then import after update if that is possible but would need guidance to be sure it does not corrupt our database.

• Candace

Luckily I had an updraft plus back up in place and have reverted the entire thing to pre update.

So, before I move forward again, I did 30 updates at a time for the batch size. I did replace current with import.

Is there a way to export the old plugin membership details and import them fresh after the upgrade? Since I am back to old plugin the data is clean and happy again.

Also, will the be a cutoff time by which I am required to upgrade the plugin?

• Candace

I suspect that the complication has to do with the way my client creates their usernames. The usernames for their members are 4 digit numbers (ie 2441). The logins that were 4 digit numbers were the ones that did not import correctly. Those of us with admin functions use standard usernames, like capple, etc. Those imported fine, which was why I was still able to get in and do things - thank goodness.

So, the client has 1300 members with 4 digit usernames, but your new membership plugin cannot handle username that 4 digit format during the upgrade.

I NEED a work around if we are going to have to move forward with the update. The client WILL NOT change their usernames as this is used as a cross reference to their accounting system.

I am happy to do some sort of manual membership export before update and then import after update if that is possible but would need guidance to be sure it does not corrupt our database.

• Sajid

Hi @Candace! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay here.

Its weird. All of my imports went fine (I have done a quick test). I am glad you figured out the problem that it is due usernames consist of four digits.

For a workaround, I am flagging SLS (Second Level Support) for their invaluable feed back on this matter. Please bear in mind that their response time may be slower then normal support because they work on advanced and technical threads like yours.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @Candace,

I hope you are well today.

I tried to replicate the bug on my end, but things seem fine for me too. I will need more information for further debug, Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Michael Bissett

Hey Candace, Michael here.

I see from a prior email that you were going to set up a development site for this, would it still be possible to get up a development version of your current site, so that we can check out this latest behavior?

If so, then once that site's up, and you've confirmed that this issue happens over there too, could you please send in the following for that site:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel access details (for accessing the database via phpMyAdmin, or via a similar tool)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.