Membership 2 importing bulk import of subscribers

Hi Guys,

I have a question about importing previous subscribers into membership plugin. I am replacing a couple older ways of securing pages with a proper membership plugin but they were using the regular WordPress subscribers option.

Is there an way to bulk add all the previous subscribers to the members plugin aside from the place where they can be done one by one.

thanks for the help.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

HI John,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You could try to import all users via a CSV importer plugin, as mentioned by Josh, this one is a good tool: https://wordpress.org/plugins/import-users-from-csv-with-meta/

If you are looking to apply membership to these users, you could try setting a default membership inside Membership 2, so that the new users will get a membership by default.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• John Overall
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the tips guys and as I was about to start using them I discovered what I was really looking for. If you go under membership2>> All Members then you click the top that says all members it lists all current users in your site and you can bulk add them to a membership took all of 3 min to complete without the issues of exporting and importing data.

Thanks

John Overall

• Robert
    • Flash Drive

Can you please explain: “setting a default membership inside Membership 2, so that the new users will get a membership by default.” FYI: I am trying to import members from Digital Access Pass (CSV)- adding/combining them with an existing Membership 2 Pro site with members. In reviewing all the options, it appears the simplest way would be to import the members (approx 3k) into WordPress as users, then bulk convert those users with the method you suggested, i.e. new users get a membership by default.

Thank you,

Robert

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Can you please explain: “setting a default membership inside Membership 2, so that the new users will get a membership by default.

What I meant was, if the imported users needs to have a membership assigned by default after import, you could make use of Default Membership option, as it’s one of the easiest way of assigning a default membership to all users. If Default Membership was created, all logged in users, who doesn’t have membership will be assigned under Default membership.

If you are looking to add different membership to different users, bulk converting these users, to their respective membership would be the solution.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.